Thursday, June 7, 2007

iCrash

5/24/07 11:00AM -- Garret closes his Macbook Pro and puts it to sleep before his flight to Texas

5/24/07 10:00PM -- Garret opens his Macbook Pro expecting a capable, functioning notebook computer

5/24/07 10:01PM -- Garret fearfully realizes his Macbook Pro has no intention of functioning normally and has, for lack of a better word, suffered a rather horrible iCrash.

My range of emotions proceeded as follows:

Anger-Anger-Fear-Anger-Despair-Despair-Despair-Anger-Fear-Fear-Fear-How much will this cost me?

(Incidentally, this emotional procession perfectly parallels how I feel every time I catch a glimpse of Dick Cheney on television. Odd, that.)

As the above chronology details, I have been sans computer for about a week now, after my Macbook Pro suffered a rather disturbing hard drive goof up last Thursday. Fortunately, I keep a back up of my data just for instances such as these. Even better, it appears the fault was not a hardware issue and a simple format and reinstall of the operating system fixed things right up. However, I managed to lose my most recent modifications to the final blog in the Questions series, so it will be a bit longer before I can post it. I promise I'll work quickly.

Since I can't write a blog without at least some political commentary, and since we are on the subject of iProducts, here is a little video from several months ago that is as funny today as it was then. If you haven't seen it, you are in a for a treat. If you have, well watch it again--it's still funny as hell.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats great...apple sucks

Anonymous said...

Yes anonymous person, I agree...Apple does suck.

Anonymous said...

You (fake) liveblogged your Macbook woes... thats lolsome.

Kevin said...

Sooooo...new post soon??